A 10 year-old blogging about his reading books.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Chapter 4


Barry's team lost 6 to 5. As they were walking away, Susan, his sister, said "You're a big cheater" to Barry.

Barry asked his sister why she thought that and she said that he always cheats when he wants to win (like when they play board games).

Barry asked her, "What's wrong with wanting to win?"

She explained that it's not fun to win when you cheat.

Later at dinner, Barry's dad asked him how the game went, and Barry told his dad that he got 2 singles and a walk and caught a fly ball. His dad was really proud of him. Barry looked over and saw his sister quietly eating her food, not looking at him (because she knew the truth). Barry felt so badly that he finally told him that he dropped the ball. I think he felt better once he told the truth. I did that once and felt much better after I told my mom the truth.

I wonder if Barry will keep cheating. I think that his dad was disappointed. I wonder if he will ever be the hit-away kid again?

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Can't wait to hear what happens next!

It is hard to tell the truth about something you're not proud about, but in the end I think most people do feel better when they do.

9:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home